With Thanksgiving over, hopefully dog owners didn't have the unfortunate experience of a toppled over trash can from Fido getting into the discarded turkey bones.
Besides the obvious danger turkey or chicken bones present to pooches, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is also warning that bone "treats" can present choking and other hazards to pets.
An FDA release warns against real bone treats that have been processed, sometimes flavored, and packaged for dogs. The FDA says it's received 68 reports of pet illnesses as a result of the treats.
The illnesses range from cuts and wounds in the mouth to choking and gastrointestinal blockage and even death. The FDA reported 15 dogs died after eating the treats.
The FDA recommended talking to a veterinarian about safer toy and treat alternatives.
On Dec. 4, the Thomas Fire erupted in Santa Paula and Ventura County.…
The Rye Fire began shortly before 9:30 a.m. Tuesday,…
A sea of people filled the streets of Oildale Saturday, Dec.…