BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - Visitors to the county's administrative building on Truxtun Avenue should allow extra time for increased security measures.
Starting March 27, visitors to the building at 1115 Truxtun Avenue will be required to submit to the security screening process before entering the building.
The public will only be able to access the building through the south entrance. Other entrances will be secured.
The following items will not be allowed in the building.
- Any knife, with a blade in excess of 4 inches, including pocket knives and Leatherman-type tools.
- Tear gas weapons, including mace, pepper spray, and dog repellents.
- Stun guns and tasers
- BB gun, paint ball gun
- Brass knuckles
- Nun-chucks, throwing stars
- Illegal drugs, including paraphernalia
- Plastic molded knives or letter openers
- Openers, shanks, spikes, etc.
- Razors or box cutters
- Replica or toy guns
Any other items determined to pose a security risk to the public or employees within the county facility.
Hundreds of participants marched to raise awareness about what they…
Before the team left to the airport, the 'Runners invited fans to the…
Four boys from Centennial Elementary School are channeling their love…